+

+

+

+

+

I've been meaning to make something with the check fabric I thrifted last month. I thought the fabric really lovely and a bit vintagy and knew I had enough for a skirt or a blouse. After rummaging through my pattern drawer, I rediscovered the lovely Sencha by Colette Patterns and proceeded to spread myself out on the dining room table. I chose version two and I was quite please with how the top turned out, (despite needing a pressing before being photographed). 

However, when I tried it on after adding the buttons, it was a different matter altogether. It was too big. Much too big. I followed the patterns advice to go up to the larger size if my measurements fell between sizes and, well, somehow it ended up much, much too large. Never mind, thought I, I will simply take it in. I do not blame the pattern, I've made it before and it worked out perfectly. I feel sure it was a case of operator error.

Hubby also happened to be home when I tried it on. He noted my choice of fabric and the buttons up the back of the garment before informing me that I had created a fancy 'flannie'. My goodness! He is right! Alas, all that time spent tracing, cutting, pinning and stitching and I now all I have is an over sized house shirt. Sewing fail. I threw the top on to the floor in disgust.

Thankfully there was a diversion. My order from Bendigo Woollen Mills arrived and took my mind of my sewing folly.  I spent the evening on the couch, hook in hand, avoiding my fancy flannie, and made a cap sleeve cardi for a friends baby instead.


The flannie is still on the floor, in the corner of my wardrobe...

-


Older Post Newer Post