Thank you for your interest and advice on the ornament swap! Let's get this swap underway. It will be open to everyone. You can choose to make one or two ornaments and will receive one or two ornaments in return. Partners will be kept a surprise. You can choose to post only within Australia, or Internationally.
Sign up will be open for a week, until Monday 21st October. Let's reach out to our community and get as many members involved as we can. Help spread the word! Add the button to your blog and link it to this post. Mention the swap on your blog or on facebook. Partner's details will be sent out to you on the 1st of November and you will have the whole month to make your ornament/s. Finished ornaments are to be posted on or before the 30th November. Any questions or comments, please feel free to email me.
1. The swap is open to bloggers and non-bloggers, national and international. (Bloggers will be partnered with other bloggers, non-bloggers with non-bloggers.) Please only sign up if you can commit to sending an ornament. There is nothing worse than not receiving something in a swap when you have taken the time to make and send something.
2. To sign up for the swap, leave either a link to your blog at the bottom of this post, or you name in the comment section of this post, then email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with the folllowing-
Subject: Ornament Swap 2012.
Blog/flicker/instagram etc. addresses: (So your partner can get to know you.)
Likes: Perhaps you collect vintage Santa's, or crochet baubles? Let you partner and myself know, so they get a feel of what to make you, and so I can match you up with a suitable partner.
Dislikes: Maybe it is a colour you can't stand, say pink, or you're terribly allergic to wool? This way I won't partner you up with a knitter who only knits in pink wool. :)
National or International. Are you happy to post overseas?
Number: one or two ornaments. If you choose two ornaments you will have two partners and receive two ornaments in return from two other people.
3. You will then receive an email with your partners details on the 1st of November. Keep these a secret! You will be receiving an ornament from a different swapper than who you are sending to. This way you will receive a surprise when your ornament arrives, but we can all share progress photos of our pieces on our blogs/ instagram / facebook etc. during the course of the month.
4. Make your ornament! It's up to you whether you want to design an original piece or use one of the wonderful tutorials you can find online. Share photos of your piece and tag your photo's with #ornamentswap12
5. Post your ornaments on the 30th of November, whether national or international. You can post before this date, but please use the last of the month as the due date for this project so that no one misses out! I want everyone to have their ornament/s before Christmas. Please include a note revealing your identity!
6. Keep your eye on your letter box. Share a pic of your house or Christmas tree sporting a beautiful handmade ornament.
Sign up now closed.